PEAK® 85W-140 Gear Lubricant Oil is a multi-purpose gear oil. Formulated with a blend of high-quality, high-VI base stocks, SAE 85W-145 Gear Lubricant provides exceptional protection in severe operating conditions because of its sulfur-phosphorous, extreme-pressure additives. It exceeds gear and transmission manufacturers' requirements for API GL-5 or API MT-1 level lubricants.
PEAK® 85W-140 Gear Lubricants are recommended for use in a number of applications, including:
- Manual transmissions
- Limited slip differentials, final drives and other gear cases in passenger cars and light-duty trucks
- Axles of heavy-duty trucks, off-road equipment, tractors
- Outboard motors
- Benefits associated with using PEAK Gear Lubricants include:
- Limited Slip
- Outstanding anti-weld, anti-scuff and anti-wear properties
- Exceptional gear and bearing protection
- Prevention of wear caused by lubrication foaming and aeration
- Protection against damaging rust and corrosion
PEAK® Gear Lubricants are available in quart, gallon, 5-gallon pail, 16-gallon keg and 55-gallon drum sizes.